Friday, August 21, 2009

Green Smoothie Challenge

About two months ago, my friend Niki challenged me to the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred exercise program. Since I love challenges and really needed a push to start working out regularly after healing up from a running injury, I accepted the challenge. I weighed myself and took my measurements and endured pain that I haven't experienced since birthing a child. I finished the challenge, proud that I hadn't missed a day at all. I lost a small amount in inches all over, but the scale never changed. That was a bit depressing, but I was also encouraged to stick with it. That was almost 60 Days ago and I'm still at it, 6 days a week. Pretty good, huh?

I decided that it was my turn to set forth a new challenge on Niki, so I asked her if she would like to participate in the 14 Day Green Smoothie Challenge. Maybe it was payback, but I thought it couldn't do us the same type of bodily harm that the first few days of the shred imposed on us. I finished this challenge and didn't miss a day, either. What a gal! I also went ahead and made it a habit, too.

This morning, I came up with a wild concoction that actually turned out pretty good. Yeah, it probably sounds truly disgusting to those of you who haven't tried a green smoothie, so let me assure you that you cannot taste the greens. I promise.


Chocolate-Peanut Butter-Banana Green Smoothie

2 Cups Filtered Water
3 Huge Handfuls Baby Spinach
One ripe Kiwi Fruit
A small handful Blueberries
1 Tbsp. Raw Cocoa Powder
1 spoonful Natural Peanut Butter
2 Bananas
Squeeze of Agave Nectar
Ice

Put it all in your blender and process until smooth.

Makes a little more than 32 oz. and will fill you up until lunchtime.


1 comment:

brandi said...

I'm going to be re-attempting the shred challenge, and I'm interested in incorporating some smoothies. I'm a stucker for peanut butter, so this might be my first one I try.